This is a snapshot release.
- Support for OpenJDK 7.
- ARM: Support for hard-float systems (PR172).
- Fixed remaining icedtea6 check-langtools failures (PR166, PR167).
- Reworked internal string representation.
- Completed migration to C++ for almost all remaining files.
- alpha: Regression tests work again.
- Introduced a new logging framework in more idiomatic C++.
- PR178, PR179: Introduced checks for junit and jasmin at configure time.
- PR184: Repair build on armv4.
- Assorted minor infrastructure and build fixes and improvements.
In the traditional configuration, CACAO uses GNU Classpath as its default Java runtime library and supports upstream releases or the current git master branch. This release is tested against GNU Classpath 0.99. Alternatively, the preferred configuration is to build against OpenJDK 6. See INSTALL.CACAO for details.
Currently supported JIT compiler architectures are:
- arm (armv5l, armv7l)
Currently orphaned architectures, on which earlier releases of CACAO were known to work, are:
- mips (mipsel, mips64)
CACAO 1.6.1 can be downloaded from http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/cacaojvm/download/cacao-1.6.1/